Troubleshoot Android phones & tablets
If your Google Assistant doesn’t work or respond to “Hey Google” on your Android device, make sure Google Assistant, Hey Google and Voice Match are turned on:
- On your Android phone or tablet, say "Hey Google, open Assistant settings."
- Under "Popular settings," tap Voice Match.
- Turn on Hey Google and set up Voice Match.
For more help or to troubleshoot iPhones or iPads, learn how to fix issues on a phone or tablet.
Troubleshoot speakers, Smart Displays, & Smart Clocks
Check the speaker, Smart Display, or Smart Clock that you’re experiencing issues with.
- Make sure it’s plugged in and powered on.
- Make sure it’s connected to the internet and on the same Wi-Fi network as your mobile device.
- Make sure the microphone is turned on:
- Speakers (except Google Home), Smart Displays, or Smart Clocks: On the back of your device, make sure the switch for the microphone is turned on. The switch is often orange or red when the microphone is turned off.
- Google Home: On the back of your speaker, press the microphone mute button to turn the microphone on or off. Your Assistant will say whether you turned the microphone on or muted it.
For more help with speakers, Smart Displays, & Smart Clocks, learn how to fix issues on a speaker, Smart Display, or Smart Clock or how to adjust how sensitive Google Assistant is to “Hey Google”.