For those moments when you want additional privacy control, you can use Google Assistant in Guest Mode.
Note: Guest Mode is available on Google Nest and Google Home speakers as well as Smart Displays and Pixel Tablets. This feature isn't available in all languages or countries.
Turn Guest Mode on or off
You and anyone in your home (including guests) can enter and exit Guest Mode by voice:
- To turn on Guest Mode, say “Hey Google, turn on Guest Mode.”
- To turn off Guest Mode, say “Hey Google, turn off Guest Mode.”
While Guest Mode is on
- Google automatically deletes audio recordings and Google Assistant activity, like things you ask your Assistant, from the device owner’s account. Even if your audio recordings and Assistant activity on the device are normally saved to your Google Account, this won't happen in Guest Mode.
- Google Assistant won’t say or show personal results, such as events from your Google Calendar or personal contacts.
- If you ask Google Assistant to interact with other Google services, they might save that activity.
- Other providers’ apps and actions, like media or smart home services, that you use with Google Assistant may save your activity related to those apps and actions.
Features that work with Guest Mode on
- You can do actions like play media, control your smart home, and get local info, like weather.
- Most actions in routines will work, like alarms and smart device controls, but won’t include personal results.
- Features that make announcements on the device, like Broadcast and Family Bell, will work.
- If you’ve set up household contacts, you and anyone in your home can still see those contacts on your Smart Display and call them from supported devices.
- If you’ve set up Photo frame on your Smart Display, your photos will still show.
Learn about more ways to control your privacy
For more info about additional privacy controls, learn how to:
- Delete your Google Assistant activity
- Choose what to share with your Google Assistant
- Turn off personal results on your shared Assistant devices