Thumbnail columns included in a webook template are inserted using a URL to the image. For example, if your
Image column is called
Photo, you could include an URL to that image as follows:
Name: <<[Name]>> Photo: <<[Photo]>> Address: <<Home Address]>>
By default, the image width in the URL is based on the column type, as follows:
You can control the image width in the URL by creating a format rule.
To create a format rule to control how the thumbnail or image is displayed:
- Open the AppSheet Editor.
- Go to the UX > Format Rules tab.
- Click New Format Rule.
- Choose the table containing the
Imagecolumn in the For this data field.
- Select the column name in the Format these columns and actions field.
- Choose one of the following for Image format under Template format:
Large: Display as 1000 x 1000 image
Medium: Display as a 600 x 600 image
Small: Display as a 200 x 200 image
Tiny: Display as a 50 x 50 image
Text: Display as a URL