This article explains how to break your forms into multiple pages. First, some basic information about forms in AppSheet
- A form allows the user to enter information into a table. Therefore, every form is connected to a table where the information is stored.
- Each field on the form corresponds to a column in the underlying table.
- By default, the form field will be labeled using the column header in your table.
- By default, the form fields will be displayed in the same sequences as they appear in your table.
Set up the table
When creating a multi-page form in AppSheet, think of the page break as another field in your form. Each field in the form corresponds to a column in the table. Therefore, to create a page break, simply create a new column in your table at the location where you want the page break to appear.
The screenshot below shows an example column structure for a Contact Us form. Columns
Page 2, and
Page 3 will be set as page breaks.
Connect to AppSheet
After adding the table to AppSheet, the page break columns will appear along with all the other columns for the table under Data > Columns. Set these columns to be page breaks as follows:
- Click Edit (pencil icon) next to the column name.
- Change the Type to Show.
- Change the Category to Page_Header.
- Optionally enter text to be displayed at the top of the page.
View in the app
The default form will add a Next button for the user to progress between pages. On the final page, the user will be shown the Save button.
Change to use tabs
You can choose to break the form up with tabs. This setting is located in the form view under UX. Change the Page Style to Tabs.