Quick Edit allows you to mark specific columns to be editable directly from the Detail view. For example, Quick Edit is ideal for updating the Status field of a record without editing the full record.
To enable Quick Edit:
- Go to the UX > Views pane.
- Create a Detail view for the table or slice you wish to Quick Edit. The table or slice must allow edits.
- Expand the newly added view.
- Add one or more Quick edit columns.
- Set the view position to ref if you do not want to add a button for this new Detail view.
The following columns cannot be set as Quick Edit columns:
- Key columns
- Read-only columns
- Columns computed by an AppFormula or sheet formula
- System columns like row number
- Columns with
Editable_Ifexpressions that disallow edits.
Other notes about Quick Edit columns:
- Changes to Quick Edit columns can cause other column values to change through formula dependencies.
- Each edit is a separate row update, so Quick Edit is best used together with the Delayed Sync option. You can set Delayed Sync on the Behavior > Offline & Sync pane.