Configure Google Cloud Storage as a cloud object store as described in the following sections:
- Configure Google Cloud Storage as a cloud object store
- Create a service account in Google Cloud Console
- Add the cloud object store to your AppSheet account
- Configure a table in an app to use the cloud object store
- Create a Google Cloud Storage (GCS) bucket and give it a name, such as mytestbucket.
- Choose a storage class, such as Standard.
- Choose how to control access to objects.
We recommend Uniform access, since your entire app will be accessing this storage bucket using the API credentials provided:
- Choose the encryption method.
We recommend using a Google-managed-key:
Create a service account in Google Cloud Console. For more information, see Creating and managing service accounts.
Give your service account a meaningful name (the information is blurred out below):
Give your service account Storage Admin role:
Important: Create a key and store this safely somewhere (you will need it later):
The key should be of type JSON.
Once you create the key, it will also be downloaded to your computer. Open your favorite text editor and then open this JSON file.
After you have your Google Cloud Storage configured, you are ready to add it to your AppSheet account:
- Sign in to AppSheet.
- Select your account from the account profile drop-down to go to the My account page.
- Click the Integrations tab.
- Click Stores in the left navigation.
- Perform one of the following steps:
- To add an object store for use by your own account, click New Cloud Store under Object Stores, then click Google Cloud Storage.
- To add an object store for your team member accounts, click New Cloud Store under Team Object Stores, then click Google Cloud Storage.
Note: You must be a Team Admin to create a team object store.
- Complete the Add Google Cloud Storage integration dialog to create the new object store.
- Provide a user-friendly name for this storage connection.
- Copy the entire JSON file from above into the Private Key JSON String field.
- Enter the exact bucket name.
- Click Test Connection to test the connection.
- Click Save.
After you have added a cloud object store to your account, you can configure a table in an app to use it.
- Sign in to AppSheet.
- Open the app in the app editor.
- Go to Data and select the table you want to configure.
If you are using the legacy editorGo to Data > Columns and expand the table you want to configure.
- Click Table settings .
- In the Store for image and file drop-down, select the name of the object store that you set up for your account (such as, GCSStore).
- Save the change.