The assistant view allows you to interact with your app with your voice, similar to Siri or Google Assistant.
- The assistant view currently works with English and Spanish language commands.
- When running your app in a desktop, the assistant view speech recognition only works in the Google Chrome browser.
Learn how Smart Assistant works with your AppSheet app.
Use the Facility Inspections template for an example of the Smart Assistant view.
To enable the Smart Assistant:
- Open your app in the editor.
- Go to Intelligence and click Smart Assistant under Options.
- Turn on Enable Smart Assistant.
- Select the locale to use for Smart Assistant from the Locale drop-down.
This will create a new Assistant view in the menu of your app:
Customize the Assistant view
To customize the Assistant view,
If you are using the legacy editor
Use the Assistant view
Below is a summary of the types of commands that you can use in the Assistant view.
You can navigate to different tables and rows in your app using commands similar to the following:
- "Show me my customers" to navigate to a table called
- "Go to orders" to navigate to a table called
- "Go to Bob Barker" to navigate to the row with label
You can filter your data using commands similar to the following:
- "Show me all open orders" to navigate to the
Orderstable and display rows where the enum
Statuscolumn equals Open
- "Show me orders from last week" to filter on a
Datecolumn in the
- "Products that cost at least $5"
You can combine multiple filters in a single command:
- "Let me see Bob Barker's open orders from today"
You can also apply filters step by step:
- "Show me the open orders"
- "Just the ones from today"
If you have a
LatLong column in your table, you can filter by distance:
- "Stores that are less than 5 miles away"
When viewing a particular record, you can use a voice command to run actions.
- "Go to Bob Barker"
- "Send him an email"
- "Add a new order for Bob for November 1st"
Right now, you cannot filter by
Text type columns. You can work around this limitation by converting your
Text columns to
Enum. For example, if you want to filter your data by State, make sure that your
State column is an
Enum with a list of states as its enum values.