The lessons included in the Applied Digital Skills curriculum can be shared with your Google Classroom account.
Use Google Classroom to:
- Manage your classes and rosters
- Create and grade assignments
- Collect student work
Use Applied Digital Skills to:
- Browse for digital skills lessons
- Deliver lessons through provided videos
- Track which videos students have watched
- Check for comprehension
The first step to using the Applied Digital Skills lessons with your Google Classroom profile is to connect your two accounts.
- Sign in to Applied Digital Skills as a teacher.
- Navigate to your Profile.
- Under Google Classroom, click Get Started.
- Click Connect with Classroom.
- Follow the steps on the screen.
- From your dashboard, click Create class.
- Choose classes from Google Classroom to import.
- Click Import.
When you import a class from Google Classroom, all students and co-teachers are automatically invited to your class in Applied Digital Skills.
To join your class, they must sign into Applied Digital Skills with the Google account they use for your Google Classroom class and accept your invitation. They will not receive an email or a class code directing them to your class.
After students join your class, you'll be able to track their progress as they watch videos and complete assessments on Applied Digital skills.
When co-teachers join your class, they'll be able to do everything you can with that class, including viewing student progress.
To make changes to your student or co-teacher roster:
- Add or remove students or co-teachers in Google Classroom.
- Navigate to your class in Applied Digital Skills.
- Open the People page for that class.
- On the right side, click Import changes.
- Navigate to the lessons page on Applied Digital Skills.
- Click on a lesson that you'd like to assign to your class.
- Click Add to class.
- Choose the classes you'd like to assign this lesson to, then click Next.
- Click Create Google Classroom assignments.
- Make changes as needed to the assignment, then click Assign.
This lesson will now show up inside Google Classroom as an assignment, and in your Applied Digital Skills dashboard so that you can track your student's progress as they watch the videos in the lesson. You can edit the assignment in Google Classroom after you've created it.