Connect Bluetooth devices to your watch
You can pair Bluetooth accessories, such as headphones or a heart rate monitor, to your watch.
To learn more, watch the video or read the article below.
Connect Bluetooth headphones
Note: The steps below are different depending on your watch's Android Wear version. Check your watch's Android Wear version.
You can use Bluetooth headphones to listen to audio from your watch.
Step 1: Get headphones ready
Follow the instructions that came with your Bluetooth headphones to put them in pairing mode.
Step 2: Connect your watch
Tip: Learn how to check your watch's version of Android Wear.
- If your screen is dim, tap the screen to wake up the watch.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Android Wear 2.0 and up: Tap Settings Connectivity Bluetooth Available devices
- Android Wear 1.5 and below: Swipe left and tap Settings Bluetooth Devices
- Your watch will search for nearby devices. When you see the name of your headphones, tap it to connect.
Your watch will then connect with the headphones.
Connect a Bluetooth device that has an app
Some Bluetooth devices, like heart rate monitors, come with an app for your watch. If you have one of these, open its app on your watch. Follow the instructions to pair the accessory to your watch
Note: Android Wear does not support ANT+ accessories.
Andrea is an Android expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.