Troubleshoot your cellular watch's connection
I can't send or receive calls or text messages
To make and receive calls or send and receive texts on your Android Wear cellular watch, make sure you have the following:
- A cellular watch
- SIM card for your watch
- Cellular service for your watch. For more info about getting service for your watch, check with your carrier.
To see if you have a cellular watch:
- Android Wear 2.0 and up: Go to Settings Connectivity . Look for Cellular.
- Android Wear 1.5 and below: Go to Settings . Look for Cellular.
If you don't see a Cellular setting, your watch does not support cellular service.
If you're still having trouble, try the steps below:Step 1: Make sure you have a cellular connection
- On your watch, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- In the pull-down settings, check Signal .
Android Wear cloud sync shares data between your phone and your watch over the Internet. Data is stored on the Android Wear cloud sync server. You need to turn on Android Wear cloud sync in the Android Wear app on your phone to use Wi-Fi or cellular data on your watch. Here's how:
- On your phone, open the Android Wear app .
- Tap Settings Privacy & Personal data Cloud sync.
- Make sure the switch is in the On position.
- To restart your watch, touch and hold the power button. If your watch has three buttons, touch and hold the center button.
- Restart your phone.
Contact your carrier and make sure your watch's SIM is properly activated.
Note: When you reset your watch to factory settings, apps, settings, and data on your watch will all be erased.
You'll need to re-pair your watch and phone after a factory reset.
- If your screen is dim, tap it to wake up the watch.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- For Android Wear 2.0 and up: Tap Settings .
- For Android Wear 1.5 and below: Swipe left and tap Settings .
- Scroll and:
- For Android Wear 2.0 and up: Scroll to System Disconnect & reset.
- For Android Wear 1.5 and below: Scroll down and tap Unpair from phone Factory reset and unpair.
- After you reset your watch to factory settings, you need to pair your watch with your phone again.
My Bluetooth car kit doesn't connect to my phone when I'm wearing my watch
When you are wearing your Bluetooth calling-capable watch, your car kit may not automatically connect to your phone for Bluetooth calls. This can happen because your phone doesn't know which Bluetooth device you want to use for calls (your watch or your car kit).
To force your phone to connect to your car kit for calls:
- On your phone open Settings Bluetooth.
- To select your car, touch your car kit in the device list.
I'm not getting notifications on my watch
If your watch doesn't vibrate when you get a notification or you're not seeing notifications at all, try these troubleshooting steps.
Andrea is an Android expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.