Check for updates on your Android Wear watch
You can see your Android Wear version number and check for Android software updates at any time from your watch’s settings.
Note: This article is to check for updates on your Android Wear watch. On your phone, the version number is for the Android Wear app and is not the same as your watch.
Check your version
To check your version, swipe down from the top of your watch's screen.
- If you don't see Settings , you have Android Wear 1.5 and below. To see your version number: Swipe left on the pulldown menu, then tap Settings About .
- If you see Settings , you have Android Wear 2.0 and up. To see your version number: Tap Settings System About .
Check for updates
- From your watch's Settings screen, tap About .
- Scroll down and tap System updates.
- If there are any updates, your watch will download the update. Otherwise, it will say that your watch is already up to date.
Note: When an Android Wear software update is available, you'll get an automatic notification on your watch if the following is true:
- Your watch is connected to the charger and is within Bluetooth range of your phone.
- Your phone is on and connected to the Internet.
Andrea is an Android expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.