Check for updates on your watch
To get the most out of your watch, use the article to below to make sure your watch using the latest version of Android Wear.
Note: This article is to check for updates on your Android Wear watch. On your phone, the version number is for the Android Wear app and is not the same as your watch.
Check for system updates
Before you start, make sure your watch is connected to Wi-Fi or 3G.
- While your watch is on, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings System About System updates.
- If you don't see Settings , swipe left on the pulldown menu, then tap Settings About System updates.
If there are any updates, your watch will download the update. Otherwise, it will say that your watch is already up to date.
Update to the latest version of Android Wear
If you have Play Store on your watch, you can check for and download updates by following the steps below.
- Make sure your watch is connected to Wi-Fi or 3G.
- On your watch, open the Play Store .
- Swipe down from the top of your screen and tap My Apps.
- Find and tap Android Wear .
- On the details page, tap Update. If you don't see Update, Android Wear is up-to-date.
About update notifications on your watch
When an Android Wear software update is available, you'll get an automatic notification on your watch if the following is true:
- Your watch is connected to the charger and is within Bluetooth range of your phone.
- Your phone is on and connected to the Wi-Fi.
Andrea is an Android expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.