Read and reply to Gmail when paired with an iPhone
You'll get notifications on your watch for new email no matter what email app you use on your iPhone. If you use Gmail, you can turn on Rich Gmail cards which allow you to read, reply, archive and delete email from your watch.
Turn on Rich Gmail cards
To be able to read, reply to, delete, or archive your Gmail on your watch, you'll need to turn on Rich Gmail cards:
- On your phone, open the Android Wear app .
- Touch the Settings icon > Email cards.
- Turn on Rich Gmail cards.
- Touch Done.
When you turn on Rich Gmail cards, you'll see an option to Block other email app cards. This prevents duplicate notifications on your watch from email apps other than Gmail.
Read and reply to your Gmail
Once you've turned on Rich Gmail cards, you can read and reply to your Gmail right on your watch.
- When you receive a new email, you'll see it on a card on your watch.
- Swipe to the left to see your options: You can choose to reply, delete, or archive.
- To reply, touch Reply and just speak your response.
Your message will be sent automatically after you've finished talking. You can't edit your message, but you have about a second to cancel it before it gets sent. You can then dictate a new message.
Note: Though you can reply to email from your watch, you won't be able to create a new one from your watch.
Andrea is an Android expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.