/androidtv/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Google Chrome app compatibility with Android TV?
I'm still pretty confused as to why Chrome browser isn't a default application or even an option to download for Android TV at this point in time. I have a new Sony Bravia TV with all the bells and whistles of Google, voice control, tons of Google Play Store apps, etc. But still there is no Chrome for surfing on my TV. I've hooked up a Bluetooth controller and I can play games from the game store with it. I can hook up a Bluetooth keyboard to type if I want to as well. Bluetooth mouse? I'm sure I could do that too. So with all the pieces already in place, it seems like a no-brainer next step. Is this in development? I really hope so. I'd like to take advantage of a full-screen Netflix Party session on my TV, which requires the Chrome browser, among other things. Thanks.
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (5)
Relevant Answer
Hello T-Man,

Welcome to Android TV community!

You can help improve Android TV by sharing your feedback and telling us about any problems you have.

More info Here

Rergards,
Seena  
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks for the answer. Really helped
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi T-Man,
Indeed. Not having Chrome Support is a bummer. Google considers it not to be Optimized for TV screen usage and hence no support. But I do feel that they can release an optimized version for TV platform.

Meanwhile you can try this work around.
  • Download 'Chrome' apk on your phone. Make sure to search 'Chrome for android TV' while looking for Apk.
  • Install an App called "Send Files to TV' on both your phone and TV.
  • Transfer the Apk using above app and Install.
  • Connect USB/Bluetooth mouse and start using Chrome.
Hope this Helps :)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
As for just browsing on the Android TV.  I am a fan of the " Puffin TV Browser"  The Puffin TV Browser has a version that’s been specifically designed for Android TV boxesβ€”it’s not just a re-purposed mobile Android app.  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cloudmosa.puffinTV  However I don't think it will support the Netflix Party App/Feature/Extension.  The best thing would be to get people to start requesting the Party Feature for the Android TV app, from Netflix, and show them the demand is there.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/androidtv/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic