What you can ask your Google Assistant on Android TV
To start a conversation, press the microphone on your remote.
For ideas about what your Assistant can help with, ask "What can you do?"
Examples of what you can ask
- Movies & TV shows: Play Stranger Things on Netflix.
- Video clips: Play cat videos.
- Apps: Open YouTube.
- Search: Search for sitcoms.
- Info: Tell me about Game of Thrones.
- Playback: Pause. Stop. Resume.
- Volume: Louder. Softer.
- Power: Turn off.
Play music, news, or podcasts
- Music: Play music by Sia. (Learn how to choose your music service provider.)
- Podcasts: Play the latest episode from This American Life.
- News: Play the news. What’s the latest news from BBC?
- Sports: How did the Patriots do? When is the next Warriors game?
- Calculations: What’s 20% of 80?
- Dictionary: What does "ludic" mean?
- Find answers: How far away is the moon? How do you remove stains in a rug?
- Unit conversions: How many teaspoons in a cup?
- Translations: How do you say "nice to meet you" in Korean?
Plan your day
- Calendar: What’s on my agenda? Tell me about my day.
- Clock: What time is it?
- Traffic: How long will it take to get to work? How’s the traffic on the 89 freeway?
Get local info
- Weather: What’s the weather today?
- Business info: When is Cascal open? What is Cascal’s phone number?
Andrea is an Android expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?