Block people from using specific apps or games
You can prevent people from using specific apps or games on your Android TV by setting up a restricted profile.
If you’re using a restricted profile, you cannot:
- Access or make purchases in the Google Play Store app
- Use third-party apps that don’t use Google sign-in
Set up a restricted profile
- From the Android TV Home screen, scroll up and select Settings .
- If you don't see this option, scroll down.
- Scroll down to "Personal," select Security & Restrictions Restricted Profile Settings.
- Set a PIN. You'll use this to exit the restricted profile.
- Choose which apps the profile can use by selecting Not allowed or Allowed for each app.
- When you’re done, on your remote, press Back . From here, you can:
- Use the profile
- Adjust the profile settings
- Delete the profile
Use, edit, or exit a restricted profile
From Android TV’s Home screen, scroll up and select Restricted Profile . Note: If you don't see this option, scroll down.
- Use a profile: Choose Enter restricted profile.
- Edit a profile: Choose Settings.
- Exit a profile: Choose Exit restricted profile.