Block people from using specific apps or games
You can prevent people from using specific apps or games on your Android TV by setting up a restricted profile.
If you’re using a restricted profile, you can't:
- Access or make purchases in the Google Play Store app
- Use third-party apps that don’t use Google sign-in
Set up a restricted profile
- From the Android TV Home screen, scroll down and select Settings .
- Scroll down to "Personal," select Security & RestrictionsRestricted ProfileSettings.
- Set a PIN.
- Choose which apps the profile can use by selecting Not allowed or allowed for each app.
- When you’re done, on your remote, press Back . From here, you can:
- Use the profile
- Adjust the profile settings
- Delete the profile
Use, edit, or exit a restricted profile
- From Android TV’s Home screen, scroll down to the last row.
- Select Restricted Profile
- Use a profile: Choose Enter restricted profile.
- Edit a profile: Choose Settings.
- Exit a profile: Choose Exit restricted profile.
Andrea is an Android expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.