Block people from using specific apps or games
You can prevent people from using specific apps or games on your Android TV by setting up a restricted profile.
If you’re using a restricted profile, you cannot:
- Access or make purchases in the Google Play Store app
- Use third-party apps that don’t use Google sign-in
Set up a restricted profile
- From the Android TV Home screen, scroll up and select Settings .
- If you don't see this option, scroll down.
- Scroll down to “Personal,” and select Security & Restrictions Create restricted profile.
- Set a PIN. You'll use this to exit the restricted profile.
- Choose which apps the profile can use.
- When you’re done, on your remote, press Back . From here, you can:
- Use the profile
- Adjust the profile settings
- Delete the profile
Use, edit, or exit a restricted profile
From Android TV’s Home screen, scroll up and select Restricted Profile . Tip: If you don't see this option, scroll down.
- Use a profile: Choose Enter restricted profile.
- Edit a profile: Choose Allowed apps.
- Exit a profile: Choose Exit restricted profile.
Exit a restricted profile without the PIN
Important: If you forget the PIN to your restricted profile, to exit the profile, you must do a factory data reset. A factory data reset erases all saved information, like apps and channels.
- At the top, select Settings .
- Select Storage & reset Factory data reset Erase everything.
- Confirm you want to reset your device.
Tip: For help with hardware-related issues, contact your device manufacturer.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?