Add Bluetooth devices
You can use Bluetooth devices, such as a keyboard or game controller, with your Android TV.
Pair a Bluetooth device
- From Android TV’s Home screen, scroll down and select Settings .
- If you have a Nexus Player, press the button on the bottom of the player and skip to step 3.
- Under "Remote & accessories," select Add accessory .
- Put your device in pairing mode.
- Use your remote to select your device from the list on your TV or monitor.
- Your Android TV will pair with your device.
Bluetooth device won’t connect
If your Bluetooth device won’t pair with your Android TV, try the troubleshooting steps below.
- Turn off your Bluetooth device, then turn it back on. Try to pair your Bluetooth device again.
- Unplug your Nexus Player or Android TV for 10 seconds. Plug it back in. Try to pair your Bluetooth device again.
- Check if your Bluetooth device connects to other devices, such as a phone or tablet. Try to pair your Bluetooth device again.
- If your Bluetooth device connects to other devices: Reset your Nexus Player or Android TV to factory settings. For help, contact the Android TV manufacturer.
- If your Bluetooth device doesn’t connect to other devices: Confirm that your accessory’s software is up-to-date by following the manufacturer's instructions. For help, contact the Android TV manufacturer.
Andrea is an Android expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.