You can use the Google TV app on your phone or tablet to navigate your Android TV.
Set up your virtual remote
Check your Wi-Fi connection
- On your Android phone, open the Google TV app .
- Near the bottom right, tap Remote .
- At the top, tap Scanning for devices.
- Choose your device.
- To complete pairing, follow the instructions on your phone and TV.
- After pairing, you can use your phone or your remote.
To connect through Wi-Fi, make sure your device is on the same network as your Android TV.
To check or change the connection on your TV:
- On your remote, press Home.
- At the top right, select Settings .
- Under “Network & Accessories,” select Network Advanced Network status.
- Find the Wi-Fi network name, listed next to “Network (SSID).” Make sure it’s the same as the network on your device.
To check or change the connection on your phone:
- On your phone, open the Settings app.
- To find your network or choose a different network, tap Network & internet Wi-Fi.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- Set up the virtual remote again.