My Android TV Remote Control app isn't working
If your remote control app doesn't work, follow these steps. Check the app after each step to see if it starts to work.
Double-check your Wi-Fi settings
- To connect through Wi-Fi, make sure you use the right network. Your app only works if it’s on the same Wi-Fi network as your Android TV.
- If you have trouble with your Wi-Fi, find out how to check your connection.
- Turn off your Wi-Fi network’s access point (AP) isolation on your router. Follow the instructions from your router’s manufacturer.
Connect with Bluetooth
- On your phone, turn on Bluetooth.
- Open the Android TV Remote Control app .
- You’ll see this error message: "Android TV and this device need to be on the same Wi-Fi network."
- Wait until you see your Android TV listed. Tap the name.
- On your phone, you’ll see a Bluetooth notification. Tap Pair.
Restart your Android TV
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in.
Fix an app that doesn't work
Find out how to fix your app with these steps.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?