My Nexus Player won't connect to Wi-Fi
If you’re having trouble connecting your Nexus Player to Wi-Fi, here are some steps you can try.
Note: If you’re using a Wi-Fi network at a business, hotel, or school, you might have trouble connecting. Networks at these places don’t always work with Nexus Player.
Make sure you’re using the correct network password. Wi-Fi passwords are case-sensitive.
- Unplug your Nexus Player for 10 seconds.
- Plug it back in.
- Unplug your modem or router for 15 seconds. Plug it back in.
- Make sure that your router’s security settings are set up correctly by following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Make sure that your router’s software is up-to-date by following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- From Android TV’s Home screen, scroll down and select Settings .
- Under "Device," select Wi-Fi .
- Find and select Add new network.
- Enter the network name (SSID) and other security details, if needed.