Restart or reset your Nexus Player
In certain situations, you may need to restart your Nexus Player or reset it to factory settings.
Restart your Nexus Player
- Unplug the power cord. Wait 10 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in.
Reset your Nexus Player to factory settings
You can reset through Android TV settings (recommended) or by using the button on the bottom of your Nexus Player.
Important: By performing a factory data reset, all data will be wiped from your Nexus Player. Data associated with your Google Account can be recovered. Any device settings will also be removed.
After you reset your Nexus Player to factory settings, you may need to reinstall some apps or games.
Reset through settings (recommended)
To reset your Nexus Player to factory settings, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, scroll down until you reach Settings .
- Select Settings .
- Under “Device,” find and select Storage & reset .
- Select Factory data reset.
- Then select factory data reset again.
- Select Erase everything to confirm and reset your device.
Reset using the button on Nexus Player
To reset using the button on the bottom of your Nexus Player, follow these steps:
- Unplug the power cord.
- Press and hold the button on the bottom of the Nexus Player. As you’re holding the button, plug the power cord back in. Keep holding the button until you see “Google” on your TV screen.
- Next, you’ll see a screen with an Android on its side, and the words “Normal Boot” at the top.
- Press the button once. The text at the top will change to “Recovery mode.”
- Press and hold the button for two seconds to select Recovery mode. You'll see an Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the words "No command."
- Press and hold the button for two seconds to bring up a menu.
- Press the button to move down the menu until you get to “wipe data/factory reset.” Then press and hold the button for two seconds to select wipe data/factory reset.
- Press the button to move to “Yes - delete all user data.” Then press and hold the button for two seconds to select. Your Nexus Player will reset.
Reinstall apps and games after resetting your Nexus Player
After you reset your Nexus Player to factory settings, you need to reinstall any apps or games.
- Go to the Google Play Store app .
- Find the app or game, and select it.
- In the window that opens, select Install.