You can watch live TV from various providers on your Android TV device. To watch live TV from a specific provider, you may need to download their app.
If you're in the US, the Live section of your home screen includes live channels from Google TV. You can get more live TV channels if you add providers and complete the necessary steps.
Watch live TV from Google TV
Android TV comes with live TV channels at no charge and with no app installation, signup or subscription needed. You can browse these channels in the Live tab, your recommendations or the Android TV channel player.
Change your ad settings
Ads that play on Google TV channels may be personalized based on your device’s advertising ID or your Google Account info. Learn how to change your device and Google ad settings.
Watch live TV from other providers
Live TV channels from apps like Haystack News, Plex, Pluto TV and Tubi are available at no charge. You can browse live TV channels from other providers in the Live tab, your recommendations and search results.
To watch channels from other providers, you must install their apps.
Choose your favourite channels
To add a favourite channel:
- On your Android TV, go to the 'Live' tab.
- In the channel guide, find a channel that you want to set as one of your favourites.
- Select the channel name.
- A star shows up to confirm the selected channel is now in your favourites.
Tip: To review your favourite channels, at the top of your channel guide, go to 'Favourites'.
To remove a favourite channel:
- On your Android TV, at the top of your channel guide, go to 'Favourites'.
- Select the channel name you want to remove.
- The star disappears and the channel is removed from your favourites.