You can use Android TV to play games on Google Stadia. To get started, you need to create a Stadia account and install the Stadia app on Android TV.
Stadia works on compatible Google TV and Android TV devices. For the best experience, use an officially supported Stadia-compatible gamepad and screen. Your experience may vary when you play with unsupported devices.
Stadia is only available in certain countries. Learn more about Stadia availability in your country.
Connect a controller to your TV
To play Stadia on your TV, connect either the official Stadia controller or a compatible Bluetooth controller.
Tip: You can only use the Stadia controller to navigate the Stadia app. To navigate other sections of your TV’s interface, use a Bluetooth controller or the remote that came with your device.Connect a Stadia controller
Connect a Bluetooth controller
- Connect your Stadia controller to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV. Learn how to set up your Stadia controller.
- If you use an external Android TV device, connect your controller to the same Wi-Fi network as your device and then select the corresponding HDMI input on your TV.
- Use your remote or a connected Bluetooth controller to launch the Stadia app.
- If you can’t find the app, you need to install the Stadia app on Android TV.
- From the Stadia home screen, at the top right, select your avatar.
- Select the controller icon .
- Press and hold the Stadia button until the controller turns on. After the controller vibrates twice and the button blinks white, release the button.
- Enter the linking code on your TV with the Stadia controller’s buttons.
You can use Bluetooth to connect a gaming controller, and then use it to play Stadia games or navigate your TV’s interface.
Troubleshoot Stadia on your TV
If you experience issues when you try to play Stadia games on your TV, you can troubleshoot your Stadia experience.