Make purchases with Android Pay
You can use Android Pay in stores where you see either one of these logos:
You don't have to open the Android Pay app to make a purchase with your NFC phone; just follow these steps:
- Wake up and unlock your phone.
- Hold the back of your phone against the contactless payment terminal.
- If prompted, choose "Credit" regardless of your type of card.
Android Pay transactions might show up on your bank’s card statement under one of these names:
- Mobile Purchase
- Mobile wallet
- The merchant's name
Keep in mind that you'll still have to show your receipt from the merchant if you ever need proof of purchase, so make sure you keep it for your records.Which PIN should I use?
You might have to enter a PIN to complete your purchase. Different types of cards require different PINs. For a card that your bank supports for Android Pay, enter your ATM PIN. For a card that your bank doesn't yet support for Android Pay, enter your Google payments PIN.
To see which PIN to use for a specific card:
- Open the Android Pay app.
- Touch your card to see the card details.
- If you see an option that says "Change Google payments PIN," enter your Google payments PIN at checkout. If you don't see that option, enter your ATM PIN at checkout.
PC is an Android Pay expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.