If you’ve been using the Android Auto app on your phone screen, you’ll need to switch to Google Assistant’s driving mode, a new integrated driving experience. If your car is compatible with Android Auto, you can still connect directly to your car’s display.  Learn about other ways Google is ready to make your drive better.

/androidauto/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Android Auto blasts music after disconnecting
I have a Samsung Galaxy S10, and so does my wife.  We have 2 2019 Jeep Compass Limited with Android Auto.  About 6 months ago Pandora started randomly blasting the last song listened to on Android Auto at 100% volume.  This may be 5 minutes after disconnecting, up to 12 hours afterward.  At one point it blasted at 4am with nobody being anywhere near the phone for it to start playing.  I tried different music apps and Pandora, Spotify, and Google music all behave the same.  This is a problem with both our Jeeps and with both our phones.  This did not happen before, but has been happening about 6 months now with no fix.
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (146)
Relevant Answer
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We've forwarded your issue to the rest of the team. We'll reach out to you if we need more information. Thanks!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same. Mine does the EXACT same thing and It has been doing it since the latest update. In fact, it was doing this prior to a previous update, the update fixed it and this update brought it back. Android auto in a 2018 VW GTI.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
having exact same problem with my new pixel 4a.
music will randomly resume playing after disconnecting from Android Auto.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem here.

Pandora randomly resumes playback at full volume after disconnecting from android auto.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same issue as well.  YouTube music and pocket casts are the apps that keep playing for me. Needs to stop, it will blast music at my work and meetings. I have a Nissan leaf 2019.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi everyone,

We are currently investigating this issue. It would be great if you could send us a bug report from your phone to diagnose the root cause of the issue. We'll send an email with the instructions on how to capture a bug report. Please reply directly to the email with your information. 

We understand this could be difficult under the current COVID-19 circumstances, and we would only like to ask you to participate at your own convenience. Thanks!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same issue. Galaxy Note 10+ using Pocket Casts in Kia Telluride 2020. Unfortunately I got in a car accident recently and my car is being repaired so I won’t be able to send a bug report until I get the car back.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here. I use android auto and after disconnecting the music start to play randomly at high volume. Every time I leave the car my trick is to close YouTube music and turn volume down. Hoping a fix is coming soon. 

It seems the music starts playing on the phone after it loses Bluetooth connection. Just a guess.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm experiencing this as well with YouTube Music. It may resume before exiting my vehicle, hours into my work day, or at home in bed. It's a musical ticking time bomb. Unbelievably frustrating.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Samsung galaxy s10+ started playing music by itself during the night. Phone was in another room.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the exact same issue, the same phone and the same car LOL (and so does my wife)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Everytime I disconnect and then use my phone the music starts playing on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra. This means that when I'm trying to tap and pay for things my music is blasting the cashier, most embarrassing. Needs to be fixed as soon as.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have a “similar” issue. Android Auto will launch for no reason when I am not in my car (and the car is parked). This will cause music to resume playing from the last used music app. If I catch the issue quickly, I can pause the music in Android Auto and then exit Android Auto.   At other times, Android Auto closes, forcing me to open the appropriate music app to stop playback.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same. Samsung s10. Generally though for me only right after disconnecting from android auto. Eg it plays Spotify on loud immediately after disconnecting
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the same issue with my S10.  I have noticed that if I swipe down from the top there still is a Pandora notification after Android Auto closes, but when I check to see running programs I don't see Pandora.  What I can do to prevent Pandora from randomly starting is to start Pandora then close Pandora to get rid of the Pandora notification.  I have coded Apps for Android before and if I was fighting this bug I would make sure and close all of the music app notifications when closing Android Auto.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have a similar issue where music will start playing even when my phone (Pixel 2 XL) is in my pocket after getting out my car.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same problem too. No middle of the night stuff, but will randomly just start playing music when I'm not even holding the phone at times.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
One plus 6t using gpm. I hopefully remember to turn my volume all the way down when I leave the car.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same Issue with Samsung galaxy S10e and Android Auto in Hyundai Sonata 2017. Last music app would start blasting about 10-15 minutes later after leaving the car
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I used to have this issue. It would sometimes play randomly when I was at home, but it was very rare (maybe once every 2 weeks). However, it would almost always happen when I went to my friend's house and I was sitting in his backyard.

It hasn't happened since I changed a setting for Android Auto:

Settings > Connected devices > Connection preferences > Driving mode > Turn on automatically > When driving is detected > Off

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is been happening to me since I bought the Pixel 2, 3 years ago. Another detail about the problem in my case is that it started playing music randomly even with the music app (Pandora) turned off. Which make things worst because you needed to open the app to be able to shut it off.

I learned how to live with it... Now I have a Oneplus 8 and I haven't used it in my car yet but I will report here if the new phone does it too.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem for me. 
2 phones: Samsung S10E, pixel 3a
2 differnt cars: 2016 golf with AA, 2018 Sportswagen with AA. 

Randomly playing songs 1-45 minutes after disconnected from AA.

I believe it is something to do with background processes and power saving. But it's a hunch - seems to depend on the day.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have a similar issue! Jeep Compass 2019. After I disconnect my phone and get out of my car, whatever music I had been playing will randomly start to play. This happens anywhere from 30 seconds after it's been disconnected up to maybe 10 minutes later, without touching the phone or anything. Thanks for your help! I have a Samsung Galaxy S9.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same thing here.  YouTube Music and Audible audio books both do the same thing. - thought I was hearing voices, and it turned out I was!  Normally happens within a couple of hours of getting out of the car.  I have found that if I force the apps to close it doesn't *seem* like the problem is there (they've only ever unpaused themselves for me). Also only seems to happen when phone idle.

Pixel 2.  Android 11.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem here. Youtube Music app randomly starts playing LOUD.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Pixel 4 Android 11. Same exact issue. I thought I was going nuts. Music just randomly starts back up hours later after being disconnected from the car for hours. I have to physically go back in to Pandora and click stop.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem. Sometimes within minutes of getting out of the car. But often hours later.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same thing happening here. Very annoying
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here on an Audi S3 and it started happening late last year after the ui revamp upgrade. I had to log out of all my media apps to stop it from happening..
On another note right around the same time of that upgrade, my mmi control knob lost the capability of launching the assistant by just taping it right. I now have to tap down and scroll to the assistant. I know you can say OK Google, but sometimes my music is loud and it doesn't respond. For a while downgrading the app fixed everything, but after a certain period, it forces an update, so it breaks immediately after the upgrade
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This happens to me too on my Pixel 4 XL. Music randomly starts playing again - sometimes it's an audio book - whatever was just played on Android Auto and not killed on my phone. I've also had issues when listening to YouTube Music where it pauses for no reason on Android Auto. Lets get this fixed! What data is needed from us?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This happens to me about once a week in my 2016 Jeep Cherokee. I am usually listening to the radio, then it goes silent and when I look at the console it somehow switched over to media (Android Auto). After sometime, whatever was last playing (podcast, music, etc.) starts playing. Annoying to say the least.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Galaxy A71, my phone will start playing music often 4-5minutes after hopping out of a car i'm connected to, this issue persists with 3 completely different make and model cars.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same problem.  Android Auto will launch all by itself even if I haven't even been in my car for a day.  Music will then automatically restart playing.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Have the same issue on Samsung S20 5g. And both with Deezer, and Pocketcasts.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same thing here. I would connect my phone to the headunit via Android Auto; any music app (not just the designated default music app) would just start playing randomly. Exiting all apps and force closing them doesn't do a thing. Unplugging the phone from the headunit does not solve it either. The weird random autolaunch and playing of random music apps at night as well.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Don't know if my problem is related, it's a bug though !
Android Auto starting a few times at any moment far away from my car. At first I had the option to resume playing my internet radio and it was starting to play music. 
I disable this option and also enable the option Automatic driving mode when connected to bluetooth (which is paired with my bluetooth car music player) and When driving is detected.
Now a notification first pop up and I can stop it if not away or sleeping
Pixel 3a / Latest Android 11 and automatic app updates
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm not sure if my issue is the same since my music isn't playing randomly. However, my phone goes into car mode randomly and doesn't exit until I hit the home button and close android auto. Something is triggering the start. And no, I'm nowhere near a vehicle or anything that might be considered a vehicle. The only Bluetooth connection is the one with my watch. Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Exact same problem with my chevy silverado.... My question is who pays for the two blown bose speakers in my truck?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue for me as well; has happened a handful of times. Google, send me that wmail with instructions on how to pull bug reports when it happens again.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Samsung Galaxy S10.....I dont' have a problem in the car but when I add something to my shopping list, music starts up EVERY time since the last update.   No media player shows that it is playing.  Shutting down all apps turns it off after about 15 seconds.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have a google pixel 4 XL and this has been happening with my 2019 Sentra for a little over 6 months now. I started using Android Auto the moment I bought the vehicle so didn't realize that could be the cause. It will randomly blast music whenever it feels fit. Seems to also happen a bit more frequently when the phone is in proximity.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I've been having that same issue for weeks. Recently I've found that if I pause the music while still connected to my vehicle I don't have the issue with my music randomly starting.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issues here on Pixel 3a. Please post how we are to submit bug report when this occurs.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Here is the reply I got from google:
Hi there,
Thanks for reporting the issue on the community. We were not able to reproduce the experience. Based on your feedback, our team would like to investigate this issue further. Your bug reports will help our engineers understand what's going on and to diagnose the root cause of the issue. Please fill in the information below and attach your bug reports directly to this email.
  • Brief description of the issue: 
  • Car / head unit make & model:
  • Phone make & model: 
  • Android OS version:
  • Android Auto app version: 
  • Google Play services version:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please read through all the steps before you start enabling Developer Mode. To capture a bug report, you first have to enable Developer Mode in your Android phone and Android Auto app. 
1. Enabling Developer Mode
  1. Open Settings > (System) > About phone.
  2. Scroll down to the Build number.
  3. Tap the Build number 7 times in quick succession until "You're now a developer" appears. 
  4. Return to the Settings (or Settings > System) and select Developer options.
  5. At the top of the screen, make sure 'Developer options' is set to On (green).
  6. Scroll down to Debugging and enable both USB debugging and Bug Report Shortcut on (green).
  7. Tap on Logger buffer sizes: Default setting is 256K. Select 16M to help capture more information for debugging. Of note, it can affect the apps performance especially with lower spec phones.
2. Enable Android Auto Developer setting
  1. Ensure Google Play Services and the Android Auto application are up-to-date.
  2. Launch the Android Auto application.  
  3. Tap the top left menu and select Settings. 
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the list and tap "Version" once. This expands to display "Version and permission info".
  5. Tap on the expanded "Version and permission info" text ten (10) times. A dialog prompts you to enable Developer settings. Click OK.
  6. To confirm that Developer settings are enabled, select the Menu (upper right corner). You will see Developer settings. (You'll also see Quit developer mode, which will allow you to go back to the default setting after capturing a bug report.) 
  7. Select Developer settings and scroll down to enable Force logging. This option enables Android Auto-related debug logs and allows you to capture the activity log for an Android Auto session.
3. Capturing a Bug Report
It's very important to do this right after you experience the issue again, so your device can log at least one occurrence of the issue. 
  1. Hold the Power button down until the menu appears.
  2. Select Take bug report. and wait for the device to capture the bug report. 
  3. Tap the 'Bug report captured' notification when it appears. 
  4. Share the bug report. (We recommend emailing it to yourself.) 
  5. Download the bug report to your computer.
  6. Attach the bug report (zip file) directly to this email response. (Do not share or upload via Google Drive or other cloud sharing services.)
[Important] Before you capture a bug report:
  1. Please close all apps and restart the phone. (this clears the memory on the phone to minimize irrelevant information captured on the bug report)
  2. Start capturing the bug report right after the issue occurs. (each attempt adds more conflicting information to the report which delays the investigation)

The problem I have, is that when I do step 6 of part 1, Android Auto will not launch with USB Debugging enabled.
Any ideas?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Have had similar problem with podcasts randomly starting. Appears to be app sitting the tray. Have a 2019 Hyundai Kona, Samsung S10e. Using Waze app and BeyondPod.
Since this problem started I have also had problems with iHeartRadio randomly pausing while listening to streamed radio. Not connected to Android Auto, but only while walking.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same problem. My phone is a Samsung note 8 and the car is a Peugeot 3008. I only use spotify for my music and when I leave the car music randomly start playing from my phone, not so much a problem when I come home but can be awkward when I'm at work!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same issue. I have a Galaxy S8 and drive a Honda Accord. The issue has also happened when I had my galaxy S7. After I leave my car (disconnect from Android Auto) a random amount of time passes then my phone starts resuming my music. This happens on Spotify and Google Play Music. Haven't tried any other apps.
This is a very annoying issue because sometimes it'll start blasting music when I'm in a store or at work.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same as everyone else, Note 20 ultra and new vw. It is driving me nuts as I'm in and of the car a fair bit. This is where apple has it over android bugs like this.
Been going on for months and no fix 👎
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same.  Kinda annoying when you are in a work meeting and Metallica starts cranking out.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Obligatory "same" for me. I love AA, but this is maddening. It's scared the crap out of me several times. Including just now, which is why I'm here. Please sort this out.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here. Pixel 3. I love using Android Auto but this is very aggravating as it always happens at work after my morning commute.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Having the same issue with my Pixel 4.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue, Sony experia zx2. After the phone is disconnected from Android auto, it will balst music after a few minutes. Very annoying issue. I have deleted and change my music playing app, Spotify, Google music, yousee play, same result everytime.
Lates Android OS and Android auto is installed.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
same exact thing with Samsung S20+, happened while I was in doctors office waiting room. Pandora started playing on its own at a loud volume, there was not an app to close, had to turn off phone.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This has been driving me insane s9 and s20 FE.  I have ended up muting media on my phone(s). There is no easy way to close Spotify = force stop Spotify. I got home 30 minutes ago and Spotify is still running muted in the background/notification bar.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same crap with YouTube Music. 100% volume music blast in a waiting room when I opened Google Messages about 20 minutes after disconnecting android auto. Happens after every drive unless I remember to force stop YT Music.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Good to see im not the only one, my phone s9 suddenly plays music from spotify even if im not listening in my car kia rio 2013, thought my phone was haunted it even played music I never subscribed to or liked, but always plays a song with a message relevant to situation in the moment. Bit creepy lol.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here with Pixel 3 (and my wifes Pixel 2), Android Auto and Youtube Music. Out of nowhere, without touching the phone it starts playing music. My guess it has something to do with Android Auto from the looks of other reports. Usually happens minutes/hours after using the phone with Android Auto, but it's not always that this happens.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here. I have an S7 connected to Renault R-Link. Inmediately after I turn off my car the phone starts playing random music through Spotify I never listen to before.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I listen to Audible on the way home from work everyday.  Audible will start playing randomly long after I've gotten out of the car.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Android auto does on my Note 20 as well. Sometimes it will just silently stream music all day in the background
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the same issue with my Galaxy S20. Not every time, but often, when I use Google Assistant ("Hey Google") do do something, it will automatically start Pandora- usually at the same place I left off as I was listening in the car. I did some checking on my phone and saw that my phone did a "device care" function that clears the recent memory. I'm wondering if that somehow confuses the google assistant into thinking that I'm still in my car?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My Galaxy S8 plus randomly starts playing music when I use my Google assistant. If I ask her to stop playing music she says sure and it turns off. This started happening 2 weeks ago.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Pixel 3.

Random starts. It started right now at 12:30. However I believe it may be because I changed my alarm setting to play Pandora when my alarm goes off. But I don't have any existing alarms for 12:30 unless I set one in the past that I have since deleted.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Exact same issue here. Been off and on for years. Currently have Galaxy S10+ but this happened on other Androids as well.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Both mine and wife's Pixel 5 are exhibiting this issue, Pandora is the App that just randomly plays music. Everything has been turned off for auto playing in Android Auto. Have not been in the car for over a day and randomly starts. Version 5.8.604354, December Android update installed.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Support - I am having the same issues with my Pixel 5. Turn off my car with Sync 3 HU (ford) and my phone starts playing when I touch it. Odd thing also is there is no AA icon showing like when it is plugged in. Thanks!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same exact issue! It started getting really bad within the last 2 weeks. 
Galaxy S10, 2018 Honda Accord.
Music blasts typically 10 seconds to 20 minutes after disconnecting from Android Auto & bluetooth from my car.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here.  Don't even have to be connected to a car.  It just happened now as i tried to check my android auto settings.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here. After disconnecting from Android Auto, approximately 2-3 hours later the phone resumed the audiobook (Audible) I was listening to by playing it through the speakers. This has happened several times in the past with both Audible and Google Music/YouTube Music.

I did receive a phone call which I answered while I was driving and the driving session was around 15 minutes total.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same Issue, my Spotify is playing 10 minutes after disconnected from my car.
Even if a connect it with USB and not bluetooth

Really disappointed, I was with Apple before and never had those issue....
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same. Starts to play within five minutes of exiting my car. 2016 VW Golf. It's done it pretty regularly since December 2015.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here with Samsung s10+ and Leaf 2019
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I had OnePlus 7T before and now I have Samsung Note20, it happens to me all the time. Further, with both the phones, as soon I would get out of my car and my habit is to turn off the bluetooth in the phone, the music I was listening to in the car would blast off at full volume (in the phone). I would check the media volume and it would be at max. Funny, no other app would be in open window or active. The only solution that worked for me is to, after getting out of the car, I would open the last played music app and close it (after I switch off my mobile bluetooth). With this, the song would not play. This issue is very annoying.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have this issue as well with Pixel 4.  I use Android Auto with Youtube Music.  After driving, it randomly resumes play at full volume.  Even when I'm not touching the phone.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Having the same issue here in Galaxy S20 FE. It also happened on my old Galaxy. It always seems to happen at the most inappropriate times eg. In the doctors office etc. I've started restarting my phone before I leave the car to try and prevent it.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue on my galaxy s8.  Cannot even determine what app is playing.  But asking google assistant to stop the music works.
Though advertising does occasionally play.  So it is likely that pandora or other app is playong behind the scenes.    The only app i have given permission to do that would waze, and waze has gotten much worse since the google tale over (less useful) so i may juat remove it.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue with wireless Android Auto on our 2021 Accord with both a Pixel 3 and a Note 20. Either Spotify or Audible suddenly starts playing after turning the car off. 

So I'd like to follow the recommended posts, but I can't find Android Auto on my Note 20 so I can open it to change the setting. I did find it on my wife's Pixel 3.How do I do it? 

Also, how exactly are we supposed to send a bug report? You said to reply to an email, but how do I get you to send me an email to reply to?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
The same thing happens with my Samsung Galaxy S20 and my 2018 F-150
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I just bought a 2021 Honda Accord and Android auto play works perfect in the car but when I exit the vehicle it could be 5 minutes it could be 10 minutes but the phone will resume playing Android music on my phone at full volume.

Never experienced this before. Cars three days old.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the same issue on Xiaomi Poco phone F1 (MIUI 12). Audio playing several minutes after disconnecting from car's Android Auto
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same on my side with Deezer starting by itself
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here! Sick of it. Get out of car go into shops. I'm at a checkout to pay for something and music just starts blurting out!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here. Whatever i was listening to prior to leaving the vehicle comes on my phone when i disconnect and leave the vehicle. Only way to turn it off is to open the app on my phone (siriusxm or pandora usually) and manually close that app
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
same issue, it's coming in when im trying to sleep.
  guess i need to be thankful that it's really relaxing instrumental music
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Everytime I shut off the car then disconnect my Samsung note 10+ I get a 1 or 2 second full blast of sound from the phone
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Having this same issue. Starts playing music randomly after disconnecting at full volume. Super annoying.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue, will gladly submit bug report if needed!  :)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Is there any update on this? It's incredibly frustrating to have music start blasting from your pocket as you walk away from your car...
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the exact same issue and it's embarrassing when my phone randomly starts playing.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Having the same issue.

My phone starts playing a couple minutes after I get out of the car. It's really embarrassing. I hate people who blare their music in public and now I'm that person every single day.

I'm using a Galaxy S9+ with the wireless AA in the 2021 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have this issue, first on my s10+ and still a problem on my s21 ultra. Blasts music when I unplug my phone nearly every single time- some times immediately after sometimes minutes after.

Tested Music services: YouTube Music, (Google Play Music before that), Spotify and Pandora. Happens on all of them. Less often on Spotify. 

2018 Honda Accord Touring. 
Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra 
Android 11
One UI 3.1
AA 6.0.615334-release

Packages:
Maps: 10.59.1
Teams: 1416/1.0.0.2021012201
YouTube Music: 4.12.50
Spotify: 8.5.96.936
Google Play services: 20.50.16 (150400-351607135)
Google: 12.2.8.23.arm64
Android Auto: 6.0.615334-release
Allo: 27.0.326_RC03 (arm64-v8a_xxhdpi)
Telegram: 7.4.2
Apple Music: 3.4.5
Messenger: 297.0.0.6.119
Google Play Books: 5.14.3_RC03.346378020
WhatsApp: 2.21.1.16
Widgets for Auto: 0.2.0
Google Play Store: 23.8.19-21 [0] [PR] 354014796
Waze: 4.70.1.0
Audible: 2.66.1
TIDAL: 2.35.0
Amazon Music: 17.3.6
SmartThings: 1.7.60.23
Pandora: 2012.1
Google Play Music: 8.28.8916-1.V

Permissions:
phone: on
contacts: on
sms: on
microphone: on
calendar: off
call_log: on
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same!

The last played media (YouTube (premium with background playback), Spotify, or anything that has the the ability to control audio from the notification draw) will randomly start playing a few minutes after exiting the car.

Experienced both by me and my girlfriend, on separate vehicles.

VW Polo 2016 + Pixel 4XL
VW Polo 2021 + Pixel 5

The complete radio silence from Google on this matter is a bit concerning. 

This issue has made for some awkward meetings at work to say the  least. Now everyone knows I jam to Nicky Minaj
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi everyone,

We are currently investigating this issue. We reached out to you previously for the bug reports to help us further investigate this issue. We haven't received enough bug reports to identify the root cause of the issue.

We'll be sending an email with the instructions on how to capture a bug report. Please reply directly to the email with your information.
We request you to actively participate in sending us the bug report and help in the investigation. Thanks!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Can reproduce also on a Samsung S20+ after using Android Auto on a Ford Sync 3 system. Would provide bug report.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have a older car, with only Bluetooth. So when I use android auto on my phone, it doesn't allow me to use my vehicle input. But if I don't use android auto, I can use all the vehicle input (pause, play, skip, ECT.)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
You have to pause the music on the auto screen before you unplug the phone. If you just shut the car off and unplug the phone it will start up automatically a short time later.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello, I haven't received instructions on how to provide bug report.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
No bug report is generated. Also when would I be capturing this report? When the music restarts? I've found that this happens solely when i don't pause the music before unplugging. If I unplug without pausing the music, It will stop, however it will also randomly restart at a very loud volume setting sometime in the future.

Let me know when and where you want me to capture this bug report and also HOW to actually do that.

What information would you like?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have a note 10 and spotify does the same thing. It's a problem when all the sudden my phone plays very loud music from my pocket or purse. Now it starts within minutes of unplugging or turning off car. Please fix
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Google, today while at work my phone just randomly started blaring music for no reason after my connection to anrdroid auto this morning, ongoing issue. Wondering if there is a fix coming soon or do I have to delete android auto. Cheers
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem here, I literally want to throw my phone, it can be quite embarrassing. Pixel 4XL here
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I was sitting in a service and AA started up and playing music. I couldn't get it to stop. I had to walk out, completely embarrassed. I can't uninstall the app. When will this be fixed.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Google when are you going to actually solve this? Investigating the issue is really not helpful in the least.  basically a non-answer.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
where do we send the bug report?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My phone is playing a random song that I haven't heard before, for about 3 seconds every time Google play auto updates an app. It's infuriating as it's always in the middle of the night.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem here, for me it starts playing music by its own a few minutes after I disconnected. But never started playing it in other moments of the day.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem here, how and where to send bug report?

Samsung Galaxy S10+ and Spotify
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem here. How can I send in bug reports?
marked this as an answer