If you’ve been using the Android Auto app on your phone screen, you’ll need to switch to Google Assistant’s driving mode, a new integrated driving experience. If your car is compatible with Android Auto, you can still connect directly to your car’s display.  Learn about other ways Google is ready to make your drive better.

/androidauto/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
This post is a trending issue.
[FAQ] Can’t connect or stay connected - How to diagnose/address the issue
Hi everyone,

This FAQ thread is no longer active. For further up-to-date information, please visit the FAQ thread here.
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (13)
Relevant Answer
My husband had my phone on my car to call & answer it we had to out a part to turn off the computer & now it won't come back on he has passed away recently I'm computer stupid can you help me please
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My question was merged into this when it shouldn't have been. The issue is the newest Pixel in cars with Android Auto. Does the car need a software update? The suggestions here don't work.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
On a Huawei P30 Pro with Skoda Suberb; each time Android Auto is selected to start on the car screen, the USB interface on the phone automatically changes to "charge only". No matter which USB mode that is selected, the moment that Android Auto is started in the car, it reverts to charge only. Android Auto is starting on the phone, but won't communicate with the car.
It worked perfectly with my old P20 Pro.
I really need Android Auto to work. Please help!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
why have you merged my question? This is not at all helpful!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My report has been redirected to this post automatically. I did all the steps you comment but none works to me.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My device Galaxy fold 2 connects fine no issues, but i cannot get data.  so i see no maps or get messages.

If i use my s20ultra i have no issues at all.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My post got locked and this offers absolutely no resolution to my issue. I have taken all these steps and noted doing so in my post. Clearly a moderator just looked at my subject and decided it was a duplicate...ridiculous.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Still Same Problem
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My question was merged with this post, I've tried all these steps and still same issue, the issue seema to be Android 11 related because Android Auto Wireless worked just fine on my Samsung S9 Plus(Android 10) and hasn't worked ever since I got the new Pixel 5(Android 11)

I just recently got the Pixel 5 and android auto wireless connectivity isn't working, it seems to work fine if I use USB but when I unplug and try to connect wireless it seems to attempt to connect but never does, I have a Pioneer 4400 NEX head unit that is Android  Auto Wireless compatible.... When I use my old Samsung S9 Plus Android Auto Wireless works so it's def something with Android 11. Any solutions or updates? One thing I noticed on the Pixel compared to my Samsung is the Wifi would show connected to the radio on my phone but when I hit Android Auto on my head unit the Wifi disconnects, on my Samsung the Wifi stays connected to my head unit
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Def software issues. Was never an issue. Cable the same(but brought a genuine to confirm what o know that is is not the cable)...issues started after some updates on phone...

Does not work at all despite numerous attempts with different wires and following all guides.

Very frustrating.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Worked well until your latest update. Thanks for nothing.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have a 2018 Durango uconnect 8.4, I posted to many of these community pages of the problems with my Pixel 4A since the Android 11 update. a couple of weeks after the update suddenly neither of our two Pixel 4's would connect to Android Auto they both connected as USB devices immediately and started playing ringtones and music. So after the November update we just got and I received a genuine pixel USB cable to try, I still had the problem so I started looking at the settings on the Dodge head unit. To cure the connection as a USB device I had to go into settings/audio/autoplay and turn that option off. That cured the connecting is a USB device but still no Android Auto. Kept scrolling through settings until I found settings/phone/bluetooth and a tab that says smartphone projection manager and turned on screen mirroring and voila suddenly Android Auto works perfect on my two phones again ! I truly wonder now because I've never touched the settings in this vehicle the phone's connected instantly when we bought it in July, that Dodge must have done an OTA update to the head unit that's the only thing that I could think would have changed these settings. Hope this can help someone with a similar issue
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Android Auto (AA) will not connect when car turns off and if I manually connect it will not turn off when car turns off.  I am trying to connect to a 2028 Chevy Cobalt.  I missed 2 important cars while in my office b/c AA said my Do Not Disturb and Driving App functions were on.  The car was not on! 

I am using a Samsung Galaxy 21, just purchased Labor Day weekend.  I just got off the phone with Samsung and they tested all my phone settings through the Smart Tutor app and said there are no issues with my phone but that the issue is with the app so I need to contact Google.  They tried to call me while my car was on and my car would not connect to the phone.  The Bluetooth icon on phone wouldn't transfer to the car's display system.  The rep called me 2x and both times I spoke w/him on my phone not through my call.  

This is a major safety issue and legal issue as I cannot do hands free talking.  Some states require hands free talking.  So, how am I supposed to receive calls while driving and how am I supposed to use my phone without the Driving Feature staying on 24/7.  

Google did a force update on my phone and this is the crap I get.  I am really ticked off because the AA is pre-installed in the Galaxy 21 so even if I disable it to get another app it is going to take up space in my very limited storage.  Google, if you want to pre-install apps you need to make sure they work. Samsung said that my app will not be functional until you fix the problem.  So, if you just did an update to make "improvements" to the app how long is it going to take for you to realize this wasn't an improvement but rather a problem?  I need help...I need specifics on how to get my phone to connect to AA when I turn car on and how to disconnect when I turn car off.  And oh yeah, please don't tell me to turn the Bluetooth on and off to control the app.  Believe it or not, AA is not the only app that needs Bluetooth.  I cannot turn Bluetooth off just to ensure that AA is also turned off!!  This customer is not happy at all!
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/androidauto/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic