This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
This post is a trending issue.
Android Auto is constantly losing connection with Huawei P30 Pro 1 Recommended Answer 26 Replies 34 Upvotes
Finally I've reached the point that I'm getting frustrated!
I upgraded from Samsung Galaxy S8+ to Huawei P30 Pro 1.5 weeks ago. I really like the P30 Pro but it's constantly crashing/losing the connection to my car!
I connect my P30 Pro via USB-C Cable (already tried 3 different cables incl. original one) it's losing the connection randomly, sometimes that happens after 5 minutes, on other days after 38 minutes. Then I have to restart my SEAT Easy Connect (Infotainment) this takes a while and then I can reconnect my phone, this never happened to my S8+ before.
When Android Auto is losing the connection it's closing everything on my phone so there is no error code displayed, also the USB-Port is completely dead my phone is not even charging anymore!
Here some stuff that I've already tested.
- Three different high-quality USB-C cables incl. the original Huawei cable.
- Second USB-Port from my car tested.
- Cleared cache and deleted data from Android Auto and Google Play Services
- I've excluded AA and all AA-relevant apps from Huawei Task-Killer
- I've excluded AA and all AA-relevant apps from battery optimization
- Turned on debugging mode in the console, also for AA-App.
- Changed the USB-Connection from Charge only to MTP (but its constantly changing back to charge only)
- I've done a factory reset and downloaded all updates.
- Made a reset of my car's head unit.
But still, nothing helps! And that's really annoying because I drive a lot and I really like AA and of course I need it!
@Google or someone else! Please help me to fix my problem! I want my Android Auto back!
By the way, I've already submitted the form that I saw in this community. :)
Here some additional data to my phone & car:
- Brand: Huawei
- Model: P30 Pro
- Android Version: 9.0
- EMUI: 22.214.171.124 (C431E4R2P2) GPU Turbo
- CPU: Huawei Kirin 980
- RAM: 8 GB
- Android Security Patch: 1. April 2019
- Brand: SEAT
- Model: LEON 5F
- Head Unit: SEAT Easy Connect / Media System Plus
- Software Version on Head Unit: 0359
If you need anything else, please let me know!
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.
Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.