This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Text messages will not read, audio skipping while playing, audio connection issues. 0 Recommended Answers 4 Replies 12 Upvotes
I am having three separate issues with Android Auto:
- When a text message is received, I am unable to play the text message with the play button. When I click on the play button, the Google Assistant dots bounce but no audio plays.
- When listening to audio through Google play music / YouTube / Pandora, the audio will skip or cut out randomly. I am unable to pinpoint the issue or any rhyme or reason as to why this is occurring.
- When connecting my phone to Android Auto, the display always comes up, but the audio does not always forward into Android Auto. It seems to be related to Bluetooth, as when I toggle Bluetooth off, the audio comes back into Android Auto. I would disable my Bluetooth when driving, however when connecting to Android Auto Bluetooth enables on it's own or re-enables so that is not a viable workaround.
I have tried this with two different phones as I recently received a warranty replacement device and it is happening on both. I have also tried multiple USB Type-C cables and all issues persist.
Specifications of my hardware / software:
Vehicle: 2019 Subaru WRX Premium
Phone make & model: Pixel 2 XL
Android OS version: Android Q Beta 2
Android Auto app version: 4.2.591444
Google Play services version: 17.1.22
Are you using Android Auto on your phone screen or car’s display? Car display
Media app name & version:
- Google Play Music, Version 8.19.7938-1.M
- Pandora, Version 1904.2.1
- YouTube, Version 14.17.53
Does the issue occur outside of Android Auto app? No
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.
Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.