If you’ve been using the Android Auto app on your phone screen, you’ll need to switch to Google Assistant’s driving mode, a new integrated driving experience. If your car is compatible with Android Auto, you can still connect directly to your car’s display.  Learn about other ways Google is ready to make your drive better.

/androidauto/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
No Contacts when i try to make a phone call.
I try and voice command a phone call, that little lady in my radio tells me I have no contacts. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall. Didn't help.
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (7)
Relevant Answer
Hi Michael,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We've forwarded the issue to the rest of the team. Thanks!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello, I was able to connect my Pixel 4a to my car radio system via Bluetooth, but I have a problem with the voice command. With my Pixel 3a I press the button on my steering wheel and ask e.g. "What time is it?" and I get the answer via the audio output of my car. With my new Pixel 4a there is no audio output in my car. The Pixel 4a receives the voice command and displays the result on the pixel screen, but the audio output of my car is mute, as is the speaker on the phone. But with the pixel 3a it works perfectly....
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm in a 2019 Tucson, which I have no other choice but use Android auto, if I wanna use my voice command button on the steering wheel. When I push and hold the button, I give it a command to call someone or pull up an app, and all I get for a response is "sure, let me get some more information to help you with that, please tap the notification on your phone" and nothing happens. I can do this continuously, and nothing. All my contacts are showing in there, along with all my apps. What could be causing this? I've updated everything and I'm running Android 9. This is super annoying that I have to use a third party app that doesn't have the best reviews, and has all these issues going on. I just simply want my voice command button to work on my steering wheel. Can someone please contact me and help me resolve these issues? Thank you.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am getting the same thing in my car
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My contact list used to load automatically and it also stopped working recently.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Everything was fine, however recently after update the same situation began on my Toyota Highlander 2020, I say "call to" and then the assistant just without telling anything disappears. Nothing helps. Tried to uninstall the previous version, however after I connect to my car it makes me update to the newest version. Please make a fix asap.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/androidauto/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic