This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Our community moved to this new platform as of 3/15. The content in previous platform is archived as read-only mode. For those who’ve been following the status of recent issues with Android Auto, here’s the latest update. We are continuously updating this thread, and the date marked in the status indicates when the latest update was posted.
If you don’t find the issue you are experiencing, please start a new thread with this information.
- Audio transfers to phone after completing a phone call
- Please update Google Play services to the latest version to fix the issue (3/27)
- Google Podcasts app disappeared on Android Auto
- Please update your Google app to the latest version to address this issue. (4/4)
- Google Maps stops working when phone screen turns off
- Google Maps team is investigating: Please use this workaround here. (3/15)
- Assistant on Android Auto records itself talking
- The fix is in the Google app beta version, and the Assistant team is monitoring. (3/15)
- “Collecting Feedback” message
- The Google Play team is investigating the issue. (3/15)
- Google Assistant keeps saying routines are currently not supported on this device
- The Assistant team is currently working to improve this feature for Android Auto. (4/11)
- No ringtone or notification tone when using Android Auto on my car display
- The Android Auto team is actively investigating to address the issue (6/4)
- Cannot make a call or send a message to a contact
- Please make sure to update with the latest version of Google app. (3/15)
- Android Messages changes my Day/Night mode on Android Auto
- The Android Messages team prepared a fix for the upcoming update of the Messages app. (3/15)
- Google Maps stops working when the Samsung phone locks
- The Google Maps team is investigating the issue. (3/15)
- Unable to send SMS from Android Auto with a G Suite account
- The Google Assistant team is investigating the issue. (3/15)
- Android Auto won't stop ringing when a call is received
- Investigating: Please try this workaround here. (3/15)
Issues we informed to our partners:
- Android Auto randomly crashing on Nissan Leaf
- My location appears wrong in Mazda cars
- Pixelation issues with Renault R-Link infotainment system
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.
Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.