This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
My phone: BQ Aquaris Pro X2, an Android One Phone running stock Android 9 (latest patch August 1)
I always had the impression that listening to music via Android Auto (USB-connected to my Seat Leon) has sometimes great, sometimes poor sound but couldn‘t put my finger on it.
Recently I realized that the „poor sound mode“ actually plays just one side of the stereo signal. There is a song in my library (Megadeth - The Scorpion) where the guitar sound quickly moves from left to right and back again. Via Android Auto the sound just goes on and off and is completely gone while it is on the „other side“.
Strangely „sometimes“ the sound is actually stereo and good. Playing this song in that mode is perfectly normal and plays both sides. I cannot determine when the switch happens, but it sometimes happens while playing audio right in the middle of a song.
Some more facts I gathered:
- The issue, when it appears, is persistent across multiple media playing apps when I switch: Poweramp, Rocket Player and Sporitfy.
- I never experienced that issue with other media played on the car audio so I assume it either is rooted in the android audio client (phone) or server (car) side
- I already looked for information on the INet about this issue but wasnt able to resolve it
- Some trace it back to the „Mono audio“ option from the „Accessibility“ menu, which strangely is missing in my menu
- Some say that switching the USB mode to „Audio Source“ (Developer Options) resolve this issue. But that mode is gone in Android 9 :(
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.
Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.