This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Assistant/Voice Command Not Working 0 Recommended Answers 169 Replies 293 Upvotes
Last edited 9/10/19
I can no longer use the Assistant in Android Auto. Hitting the "mic" button or saying "Hey Google" only gives me the chime/beep and then it disappears immediately. It almost sounds like a double beep over top of each other. This started before the update to Android 10.
- Error message: No error message
- Are you using Android Auto on your phone screen or car’s display? Car's display
- Does the issue occur outside of Android Auto app? No
- Car / head unit make & model: 2018 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
- Phone make & model: Google Pixel 3XL
- Android OS version: 10
- Google app version: (Settings > Apps (or Apps & notifications > App info) > Google) Google App Version 10.57.4.21.arm64
- What did you say to Google? How was it recognized by Google? (You can check https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity) - I've said "Hey Google" or "OK Google" and it chimes quickly and goes away.
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.
Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.