If you have an Android phone*, you can join our beta tester programme. In the programme, you get early access to new features and updates in Android Auto before they’re released to the general public.
As a beta tester, you can help us build a better version of Android Auto. You can test how well new features work with your specific phone and vehicle in your part of the world. When you share your feedback, we’ll use it to help plan improvements for future releases.
Important: We ask that you don’t publicise or share the features that you’re testing until they’re publicly available.
Join the beta tester programme
To become a beta tester, follow the steps below.
- Go to the opt-in page to beta test Android Auto.
- Choose Become a tester.
- Go to the Google Play Store and update your Android Auto app to the beta version.
Important: Beta testing versions can be less stable and some features might not work properly.
The beta testing programme will give you early access to new Android Auto features. You may also download other apps to use with Android Auto. If you want to get early access to new features for those apps, you can check for beta testing programmes. Here are some programmes that you might want to join:
- Beta test the Google Maps app
- Sign up to join the Waze beta community
- Beta test the Google app for Android
- Beta test the Google Messages app
For access to more beta testing programmes, check the Google Play Store, visit the app’s website or contact the developer directly.
To leave the beta tester programme, follow the steps below.
- Go to the opt-out page.
- Choose Leave the programme.
Send us feedback
As a beta tester, your feedback can help us build a better version of Android Auto. We want to hear how new features work in real-life situations. Flag issues in the car as they occur and share helpful information about the problem.
To send feedback, follow the steps as soon as possible after an issue occurs.
- Keep your phone connected to your vehicle with a USB cable or wireless connection.
- Touch and hold the status area (where you see the time, signal strength and battery status) for a few seconds.
- When it is safe to do so (not while driving), check your device for a notification that will allow you to complete the feedback report.
- Tap Ok on the notification.
- Select Android Auto .
- Fill in the form, and tap the Submit button.