You can find and set up some devices close to you using your Android phone.
Step 1: Set up your phone
Step 2: Set up the new device
- Turn on a new device that isn't set up yet. Put the device in pairing mode.
- Turn on your phone's screen.
- On your phone, you’ll get a notification offering to set up the new device.
- Tap the notification.
- Follow the onscreen steps.
By default, you’ll see notifications for nearby devices that you can set up. If you turn off notifications, you can still see devices near you by opening your phone’s Settings app.
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Google Devices & sharing Devices.
- Turn Show notifications on or off.
- If you don’t see a notification, look for the device in your Settings app Google Devices & sharing Devices.
- Check that you’re close to the device. Your phone needs to be within 0.5 m (1.6 ft) of accessories that work with Fast Pair.
- Make sure that your phone has Bluetooth and Location turned on.
- Check that your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile network.
Tip: Your phone can’t find and set up all devices automatically. If you don't see a device in your Settings app, try connecting in another way, like with Bluetooth. Learn how to turn on Bluetooth.