Check your mobile plan & buy mobile data on Android
Depending on your carrier, you could be able to buy mobile data through your Settings app on your phone. Your carrier sets the prices and choices. You use your regular payment method with your carrier.
Important: The "Mobile data plan" setting is not yet available in all regions or with all carriers.
- Open your Settings app.
- Tap Google Mobile data plan.
- To check your plan: At the top, see your current data plan status.
- To buy more data: Under "Buy data," tap the offer you want. Then tap Buy.
- To control notifications: Under "Notifications," turn the kinds of notifications on or off.
Tip: If you get a notification that you're low on data, tap Add more data. Your "Mobile data plan" setting will open.
If you don't see the "Mobile data plan" setting, your carrier likely doesn't work with this service. Contact your carrier for info.
If your carrier works with this service, but you can't buy mobile data through your Settings app:
- Check that you have an existing plan with your carrier.
- Check that you have a valid payment method with your carrier.
- If your payment method is a prepaid account balance with your carrier, check your balance amount.
- If you use more than one SIM card, set the SIM card for which you want more data as your default.
- Install any updates for your apps and services. Learn how.
Your mobile carrier shares some data plan info with Google. Google shows plan info to you. If you buy mobile data through your Settings app, Google sends that purchase request to your carrier.
- Your data plan's name, quota, expiration date, description, and other plan info
- Your carrier's list of available data plans, with their names, quotas, expiration dates, descriptions, and other plan info
- Your name
- Your payment information
- Your internet use, like sites visited or movies streamed
- Contents of your communications, like texts or calls
- Contents of any of your apps