Use battery saver on Android
To save power when your device's battery gets low, you can set battery saver to turn on automatically. You can also turn on battery saver at any time.
What changes when battery saver is on
- Waits until you look at an app to refresh its content, like email or news
- Stops use of Location services when your screen is off
- Stops apps from doing things in the background, unless you turn off battery optimization
Some notifications can be delayed.
When battery saver is on, at the top of your screen, you see Battery saver on . On older Android versions, the top and bottom of your screen turn orange.
Battery saver turns off while your device is charging. On Android 9.0 and up, it turns back on when you unplug your device.
Turn battery saver on or off yourself
- Swipe down from the top of your device's screen.
- Tap Battery Saver .
Have battery saver turn on automatically
- Open your device's Settings app .
- Tap Battery Battery saver Turn on automatically.
- Pick when battery saver will turn on. For example, at 15% charge.