You can take a picture of your phone's screen. The image is called a screenshot. After you capture your screen you can view, edit, and share the image.
- Open the screen that you want to capture.
- Depending on your phone:
- Press and hold the Power + Volume down buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
- If that doesn’t work, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds. Then tap Screenshot.
- If neither of these work, go to your phone manufacturer’s support site for help.
- At the top of the screen, you'll find Screenshot capture .
Tip: If there isn't a Screenshot capture icon, return to a Home screen to find it.
Tip: If you don't have the Photos app, you're likely running an older Android version. Open your phone's Gallery app Album view Screenshots folder.
- Open your phone's Photos app .
- Tap Menu .
- Tap Device folders Screenshots.
- To share a screenshot, tap Share .
- To edit a screenshot, tap Edit .