Try the steps on this page if your phone:
- Runs very slowly
- Takes a long time to respond
After each step, restart your phone to see if it fixed the issue.
Troubleshoot your connection for slowness
- Check your network and connection settings. Learn how to connect to the internet.
- If you still have internet connection issues, contact your network administrator, Internet Service Provider (ISP), or mobile carrier.
Troubleshoot your phone for slowness
- On most phones, press your phone's power button for about 30 seconds, or until your phone restarts.
- On the screen, you might need to tap Restart .
Important: Settings can vary by phone. For more info, contact your device manufacturer.
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Near the bottom, tap System Advanced System update. If needed, first tap About phone or About tablet.
- Your update status will appear. Follow any steps on the screen.
Troubleshoot apps on your phone for slowness
- On your phone, open the Google Play Store app .
- Tap Menu My apps & games.
- Apps with available updates are labeled "Update."
- If an update is available, tap Update.
- If more updates are available, tap Update all.
Tip: To help identify which apps are causing problems, make a list of the apps you force stop.
Restart in safe mode
Important: Safe mode temporarily turns off all downloaded apps.
Restarting in safe mode varies by phone. To learn how to restart a phone in safe mode, visit your manufacturer's support site.
Check if the problem goes away
Check if the problem goes away. If it does, an app is likely causing your problem. Go to the next step. If the problem doesn't go away, skip to Advanced troubleshooting.
Restart your phone normally & check apps
- Restart your phone.
- One by one, remove recently downloaded apps. Learn how to delete apps.
- After each removal, restart your phone normally. See whether removing that app solved the problem.
- After you remove the app that caused the problem, you can add back the other apps that you removed. Learn how to reinstall apps.
Tip: If an app that you downloaded caused the issue and you reinstall that app, the problem could come back.