Some apps that you download can cause issues with your phone. Try the steps below if your phone has any of these problems:
- Restarting itself.
- Running slow.
Restart in safe mode
Important: Safe mode removes some Home screen widgets. If you use widgets, take a screenshot to help you put them back.
Restarting in safe mode varies by phone. To learn how to restart your phone in safe mode, visit your manufacturer’s support site.
Step 2: Check if the problem goes away
- Use your phone normally and check if the problem goes away.
- If it does, an app is likely causing your problem. Go to step 3 below.
- If the problem doesn't go away, an app isn't causing your problem. See a list of other troubleshooting solutions.
Step 3: Exit safe mode
To exit safe mode, you can usually restart your phone normally. Turning off or exiting safe mode varies by phone. To learn how to restart your phone in safe mode, visit your manufacturer’s support site.
Tip: After you leave safe mode, you can put back any removed Home screen widgets. Learn how to add widgets.
Step 4: Check apps
- One by one, remove recently downloaded apps.
- After each removal, restart your phone normally. Check whether removing that app solved the problem.
- After you remove the app that caused the problem, you can reinstall apps that you removed.
Tip: To help identify which apps are causing problems, make a list of the apps you force stop.