Important: Some of these steps work only on Android 13 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.
You can take several actions to extend your device’s battery life and make a charge last longer.
Tip: Your device’s battery life depends on the type of device you have. Get help with your specific device on your manufacturer’s support site.
Choose settings that use less battery
- Let your screen turn off sooner.
- Reduce screen brightness.
- Set the brightness to change automatically.
- Turn off keyboard sounds or vibrations.
- Restrict apps with high battery use.
- Turn on adaptive battery.
- Delete unused accounts.
- Turn on dark theme.
To learn how to change these settings, visit your device manufacturer’s support site.
Take care of your battery
Stretch a low battery
Turn on battery saver mode manually
- On your phone, open the Settings app.
- Tap Battery Battery Saver.
- Choose a schedule for battery saver mode or automatically turn it off.
Tip: When Battery Saver is on, it turns on Dark theme and limits or turns off background activity, so some visual effects, certain features, network connections, and apps may experience delays in this mode.
- Use navigation for long periods.
- Watch videos.
- Play graphics-heavy games.
- Tether your phone (hotspots).
- Use GPS for long periods.
- Stream videos or music.
- Make phone calls on the move, like in a car.
- Use the camera much.
- Play highly interactive games.
- Use apps for long periods.
- If you don’t need your mobile network, turn on Airplane mode .
- Use Wi-Fi instead of mobile data.
- Turn off Bluetooth.
- Turn off Location access. Some apps and features won’t work when Location is off.
Fix battery problems that won’t go away
- On most phones, press your phone's power button for about 30 seconds, or until your phone restarts.
- On the screen, you might need to tap Restart .
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Near the bottom, tap System System update. If needed, first tap About phone or About tablet.
- Your update status will appear. Follow any steps on the screen.
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Manage apps & devices.
- Under "Updates available," choose to update all apps or a specific app.
Contact your device manufacturer
If you still have trouble, visit your carrier or manufacturer support site.