You can change the background image on your phone's Home screens and lock screens. You can choose from your own photos, use an image that comes on your phone, or download more wallpapers.
Note: Some of these steps work only on Android 7.1 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.
Important: Settings can vary by phone. For more info, contact your device manufacturer.
- On your phone's Home screen, touch and hold an empty space.
- Tap Wallpapers.
- Pick your wallpaper.
- To use your own image, tap My photos.
- To use a default image, tap an image.
- At the top, tap Set wallpaper.
- Choose where you want this wallpaper to show.
Get more wallpapers
To download wallpaper apps, like the Google Wallpapers app, from the Play Store app .