To help protect your account's security, you can't sign in with your Google Account on an Android device with Android 2.3.7 or lower. If you perform any of the following actions on devices that run Android 2.3.7 or lower, you may get a username or password error.
- Try to sign in to Google products and services like Gmail, YouTube, and Maps
- Add or create a new Google Account
- Perform a factory reset and try to sign in
- Change your Google Account password, which signs you out on all devices, and try to sign in again
- Remove your account from the device and try to re-add it
Access your account or email
You can sign in to your account with Android version 3.0 or newer. If your device can update to Android version 3.0 or newer, we advise you to do so.
If you can't update your device to Android version 3.0 or newer, you can sign in to your Google Account on your device's web browser. You can still use some Google services when you sign in to Google on your device's web browser.
- Open your device's mobile web browser.
- To access your account: Go to myaccount.google.com.
- To use Gmail: Go to https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/h.
- Enter your username and password.