Differences in user counts
You can expect differences in user counts between App + Web Properties and Standard/360 properties under the following circumstances:
- The two types of properties are using different user-identity methods, for example, the App + Web Property is using User-ID and the Standard/360 property is using Client ID.
- App + Web Properties focus on active users (users who are currently engaged), while Standard/360 properties focus on total users.
- App + Web Property report data by default includes all data streams, while in Standard/360 you have to add specific data streams via filters in report settings.
- App + Web Properties currently do not support filters, while data in Standard/360 reporting may be subject to view filters that exclude data.
- The method by which Analytics counts users can have a different margin of error for App + Web Properties than for Standard/360 properties.
- The Realtime report in App + Web Properties counts users who engaged with your app/site for any non-zero amount of time during the previous 30 minutes, while the Streamview (realtime) report in Standard/360 properties counts any user who triggered an event during the previous five minutes.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?