Adding a project to the trash can marks the project for deletion. After the project has been in the trash can for 35 days, an irreversible deletion process will begin. Data will continue to be collected while the project is in the trash can so that if you decide to restore your project, you will still have a full history of events leading to conversions. However, if you restore your project, there will be a gap in reporting for the days that project was in the trash can. Once a project expires from the trash can, it can't be restored.
We recommend confirming with all users before moving an project to the trash can to make sure no one is still using the project.In this article:
Delete your Attribution project
You need Admin permission to delete an Attribution project. To move an Attribution project to the trash can:
- Sign in to Attribution.
- In the upper-left, click on the Google Analytics logo to get to the All Attribution projects page.
- In the table of projects you have access to, find the project you wish to delete, and click the More icon .
- Click Move to trash can .
- Review the confirmation dialog, and click Move to trash can.
If you're exporting conversions to one or more Google Ads accounts
If you move an Attribution project that is exporting conversions to one or more Google Ads accounts to the trash can:
- You will see a list of conversion types that will be impacted.
- The conversion source in Google Ads will automatically change from Attribution to Google Analytics for each conversion type that was previously exporting from Attribution. This will prevent disruptions to bidding in your Google Ads account(s).
If you would like to manually change the conversion source in Google Ads:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Go to Tools > Measurement > Conversions.
- In the Conversion actions table, click the name of the conversion action you want to edit.
- In the Details panel, click Edit settings.
- In the Source drop-down menu, change the source from Google Attribution to a different source.
- Click Save.
- Click the Done button at the bottom of the page.