A conversion type is a category of conversions—such as an Analytics goal or Ecommerce transaction—that your Attribution model trains from and uses to assign conversion credit.In this article:
Enable or disable a conversion type
During the Attribution sign up flow, you enabled at least one conversion type. To enable more conversion types or to disable an existing conversion type:
- Sign in to your Attribution project at https://analytics.google.com/analytics/attribution.
- Use the drop-down in the top navigation bar to navigate to the desired project.
- Go to Configure > Conversion types.
- Click the three-dot menu of the conversion type you wish to enable or disable.
- Either enable or disable the conversion type for use in Attribution.
What happens when you enable a conversion type
- Attribution starts collecting conversion data associated with the conversion type and runs attribution for this conversion type. No backfilling is available if you re-enable a conversion type from the disabled state.
- The conversion type will be selected by default in the conversion type drop-down in all of the reports in the Explore section.
What happens when you disable a conversion type
- Attribution stops collecting conversion data associated with the conversion type. Historical conversion data remains available. Attribution no longer calculates attribution credit for this conversion type.
- The conversion type will appear in the Disabled section at the bottom of the conversion type drop-down.
Analytics conversion type status and Attribution
When you create a new conversion type in your connected Google Analytics property:
- All new conversion types will appear automatically in the Attribution Conversion types table and will start in a Disabled state. This means you can enable new conversion types without going through the linking flow again.
- When conversion type details (such as the name of a conversion type) are changed in Google Analytics, they will automatically be synced so that the details match in both systems.
When you disable an existing conversion type in your connected property:
- The conversion type will remain in the Attribution Conversion types table and be set to Disabled.
- A warning will appear in the relevant row stating, “This conversion type has been disabled in the source account. To reactivate, enable the conversion type in Google Analytics.”