We're making a change to Google Analytics and experiment resources of the Management API. Beginning August 7, 2019, you won't be able to create or start Content Experiments (CX). Experiments presently running will be allowed to complete. Completed experiments will remain visible as Google Analytics experiment reports.
If you have any experiments in progress, consider migrating them to Google Optimize. It’s free, maintains native integration with Google Analytics, and has all the following capabilities:
- A/B testing including redirects
- Multivariate testing (MVT)
- URL targeting
- An easy-to-use visual editor for making changes to your site
- Cookie targeting
- Browser, operating system, and desktop versus mobile targeting
If you’re looking for ideas check out our suggestions here. The content below will help you recreate some common Content Experiments use cases within Google Optimize.
|I’m looking to...||To replicate in Google Optimize...|
|...create a redirect experiment||Visit article|
|...create an experiment without redirect (browser-only implementation)||Visit article|
|...create a server-side experiment where Optimize only handles reporting||Visit article|
Key differences between Content Experiments and Optimize
- Optimize redirects and client-side APIs are asynchronous whereas Content Experiments are synchronous. (If you notice page flicker this snippet can help).
- Optimize doesn't currently offer multi-armed bandit dynamic weight adjustment.