Limitations of Dashboards
Dashboards are great, but they can't do everything...
Dashboards have the following limitations and constraints:
- Each Analytics view can contain up to 20 private Dashboards per user.
- Each Analytics account can contain up to 50 shared Dashboards per view.
- Each Dashboard can contain up to 12 widgets.
- You must have Edit permission to share Dashboards and data with the current view. Users with Read permission can still share Dashboard templates via a link or in the Solutions Gallery.
Linked report limits
- When linking a report to a Dashboard, you can only embed the Data view of that report. If you try to add a report that uses another view of the table (e.g., Percentage, Performance, Comparison or Pivot), you will see a warning icon. Mouse over the icon to see the warning message. You can still add the report, but it will display only the Data view.
- Linked reports can’t have metric filters or secondary dimensions. If you try to add a report with a metric filter or secondary dimension, you will see a warning icon. Mouse over the icon to see the warning message. You can still add the report, but it will not include the filter or secondary dimension.
- Linked reports display only the first two metric columns from your reports. If your report contains more than two metrics, additional metrics will not be displayed in the Dashboard.