Limitations of Dashboards
Dashboards are great, but they can't do everything...
Dashboards have the following limitations and constraints:
- Each Analytics view can contain up to 20 private Dashboards per user.
- Each Analytics account can contain up to 50 shared Dashboards per view.
- Each Dashboard can contain up to 12 widgets.
- You must have Edit permission to share Dashboards and data with the current view. Users with Read permission can still share Dashboard templates via a link or in the Solutions Gallery.
Linked report limits
- When linking a report to a Dashboard, you can only embed the Data view of that report. If you try to add a report that uses another view of the table (e.g., Percentage, Performance, Comparison or Pivot), you will see a warning icon. Mouse over the icon to see the warning message. You can still add the report, but it will display only the Data view.
- Linked reports can’t have metric filters or secondary dimensions. If you try to add a report with a metric filter or secondary dimension, you will see a warning icon. Mouse over the icon to see the warning message. You can still add the report, but it will not include the filter or secondary dimension.
- Linked reports display only the first two metric columns from your reports. If your report contains more than two metrics, additional metrics will not be displayed in the Dashboard.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?