Benchmarking allows you to compare your data with aggregated industry data from other companies who share their data. This provides valuable context, helping you to set meaningful targets, gain insight into trends occurring across your industry, and find out how you are doing compared to your competition.In this article:
See Benchmarking reportsTo access the Benchmarking reports,
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Navigate to your view.
- Open Reports.
- Select Audience > Benchmarking.
You can choose from over 1600 industry categories, using a menu in the Benchmarking reports. You can further refine the data by geographic location and select from seven traffic size classifications, allowing you to compare your property against properties with similar traffic levels in your industry. For example, you can compare your property with all properties in the “All Hotels and Accommodations” industry in the United Kingdom that receive 500 to 1000 average daily sessions.
Benchmarking data is available for each value of the following dimensions:
- Default Channel Grouping (i.e. Social, Direct, Referral, Organic Search, Paid Search, Display, and Email channels)
- Location (Country/Territory)
- Device (i.e. desktop, mobile, and tablet)
You can compare your data against benchmarks for the following metrics:
- Sessions (i.e. number of sessions)
- % New Sessions
- New Sessions (i.e. number of sessions from new users)
- Pages / Session
- Avg. Session Duration
- Bounce Rate